About Shirliey Fung, L.Ac.
My acupuncture and Maya Abdominal Massage practice focuses on women’s health and fertility and in the treatment of pain and digestion. I am one of the only practitioners in Oakland to offer a combination of The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage and acupuncture. I also have expertise in the treatment of chronic and acute pain, depression, digestive and respiratory conditions, and more. I have extensively worked with auto accident injury cases, helping patients fully heal even after several years of unresolved pain. I have also had the pleasure of working with athletes of all types, including Seattle Seahawks football players.
For three years, I worked as an on-staff acupuncturist with Integrative Fertility at Pacific Fertility Center in San Francisco. My work there included acupuncture for pre- and post-embryo transplantion procedures.
I spent 10 years as a journalist in New York City before my own personal health conditions lead me to try acupuncture. I had such a profound healing experience with this effective medicine that I changed careers. I feel so blessed to have become a practitioner of this wonderful medicine. I truly believe that having good health is our greatest wealth and I am honored to share this medicine with my patients.
I founded Wealth Acupuncture in 2006 and am a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac.) in California and New York. I am also a NCCAOM board-certified Chinese herbalist and Diplomate in Oriental Medicine and Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapist. I graduated in 2006 from the Seattle Institute of East Asian Medicine (formerly the Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine) in Washington State with a Master’s in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and hold a Bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- Diplomate in Oriental Medicine (Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine)
- Board-certified Chinese herbalist
- Advanced studies in fertility care with Jane Lyttleton
- Professional Practitioner of The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy
- Obstetrics and Pediatrics with Raven Lang
- Zheng Gu Tui Na Levels 1 and 2
- National Association for Detox Acupuncture (NADA) certification for the treatment of addictions
- Advanced certification in facial rejuvenation by Mary Elizabeth Wakefield
- Kang Wen Clinic 2005-2006 Integrative Oncology Program for advanced clinical training
- Licensed Acupuncturist in California and New York